CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 21, 2007

Intuition

And it is Friday. Tomorrow is my 5k! The first that I have participated in since I was in sixth grade. Wow. I'm looking forward to it, I think our plan is to mostly walk. Maybe a little bit of jogging mixed in there.

So, I've been keeping up with my blog reading. Wow, there are just so many out there. Something i've recently stumbled upon are blogs about intuitive eating. I want to eat intuitively, not out of emotion. I want to eat when I am hungry and quit when I am full. I've also decided that I am "anti-diet." Yet "pro health and body and fitness." I want to be as good to my body as possible. Right now, I am at the point where weight loss is going to happen. I was so un-good to my body for so long, that, I can't but not lose weight. And nothing is off limits, if I want to eat nothing but full fat mayonaise, I am going to. But I like reduced fat mayonaise, and 100 calorie cakes. They aren't diet, they are just tiny. Hello portion control, I don't believe we have ever met.

Anyway, It's all very interesting.
My husband is out of town this weekend, and I want to make sure that I use this as a chance to cook myself healthy meals, and not just rely on fast food or cereal to get me through. Here are somethings that I want to buy:
Whole Grain Cereal
Brown Rice
Whole grain Waffles
frozen fruit
spinach
Whole Wheat pasta
and some other stuff.
I need some fresh veggies and fresh fruit as well
oooh! maybe some whole wheat english muffins, for peanut butter and bananas.
yummy.
I want to buy what my body wants.

In the past few weeks, I've really been paying attention to how different foods make me feel. I have noticed that when I eat a good balance of fresh, non processed foods, I feel better and not as bogged down. I don't deprive myself though ,sometimes a girl just needs a little Kraft Macaroni and Cheese!

0 comments: