CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I love your eyes and your wild wild hair.

Krissie posted on her blog about how it’s easy to get down on oneself. I’ve actually been thinking a lot about this for the past week. Last Wednesday I went to Georgia with my best friend to go visit our other best friend. Le’ts call them Best friend B, and Best friend G. :)

B. is naturally thin. She doesn’t have to work out and she is one of the blessed people who naturally eats intuitively. G. has lost…I don’t know how much weight in the past 8 years. I don’t know what she weighed before or what she weighs now, but let’s just say that she went from an 18/20 to a 10/12. Well..before we were a size 18/20 together. And then she got diagnosed with an underactive thyroid, started taking meds AND working out. Then she started eating better, and she looks phenomenal. This past week while we were visiting, I had a great time, but at the back of my mind I sort of felt like the last fat girl standing. I had similar feelings during this weeks episode of the Biggest Loser. Mixed feelings of feeling fat and “bad” and feeling motivated. I sort of had to put myself in check and remind myself of how far I have come, and how healthy I am. I have super low cholesterol, I’ve lowered my body fat by a significant amount, I am active, I eat vegetables. But…the nagging voice is my head is still there.

I was reading through Krissie’s post, and decided to take her up on her challenge….
Here we go!
THE ONLY RULE: No backhanded compliments. No “I like my eyes ’cause they distract from my incredibly large ass.” Only positives.
The “I LOVE ME” List
1. What do you absolutely love about your body?-I absolutely love my hair, I’m sorry. I really do, but I also love my shoulders and my calves and my breasts.
2. When did you surprise yourself with your physical strength?-Hmm..I’ve always felt physically strong, more recently I surprised my self with endurance—I ran further than I’ve run in a long time, with out stopping.
3. When were you braver than you ever thought you could be? Good Question! I would say when I moved half way across the country for my dream job, by myself.
4. When did your self-control blow you away? Ok, I don’t like this question, but only because I’m not into restriction due to my past eating disorder. I’m going to morph this question into a moment when I was blown away by how far I’ve come past my disorder. Last spring I had purchased some Kashi cookies to keep at my desk. In the middle of ED I would have eaten the box in a day. I had that box of cookies for two full weeks.
5. What is your proudest moment ever? The summer I moved for that job, and I did harder things professionally than I ever had. That summer is full of proud moments for me.
6. When was the last time you felt absolutely beautiful? Yesterday afternoon in bed with my husband. Sorry…you asked. J
7. Why do you deserve to meet your goals? Because I’m worth it! How biggest loser of me. J

2 comments:

krissie said...

Absolutely beautiful? I did ask, didn't I?

Thanks for playing!

Allison said...

Krissie-
No problem!