CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

WOOHOOOO

When I started going to Gold’s Gym in August of 2007, I got told that I got “one free fitness assessment” with a personal trainer. I wasn’t too interested in that, so I never scheduled my assessment. Well, about a month and half in my working out (and losing weight/ getting healthy ) life style change, I got cornered on morning on the stairs by a new trainer. She said Hi, and introduced herself and asked if I had had my free fitness assessment yet. Damn. Busted. I’m a terrible liar, and I don’t like being rude, so I told her no. Of course she persuaded me to schedule one with her. I did. And it wasn’t bad. She took my picture, and weighed me and did my body composition.
At that time, my body fat percentage was 41%. That was a harsh reality for me. I have always prided my self on being extremely muscular and strong. It was a wake up call, and the start of a 3 month process of me dodging that particular trainers sales pitch to “make an investment in my health.”

Eventually that trainer left Golds, but that is neither here nor there. The point is…..
I have a different body fat percentage now.

Wanna know what it is?
We had our body compositions done for our Wellness Challenge at work (since the Challenge is to lose body fat and gain lean muscle). When this number got delivered to my inbox yesterday, I didn’t believe. I sort of still don’t. I suppose I have lost 20-25 pound since I first started working out, and I know I’m pretty muscular, but I wasn’t honestly not prepared for the number to be that low. I was assuming and hoping that it would be lower than 41%, but I was totally shocked.
I even emailed the trainer and told her I was in shock and was she sure that was my number. Well..she hasn’t gotten back to me, so hopefully that really is my number and I don’t have to eat crow after blogging about this!

I am so proud of my self. Seriously.

6 comments:

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

YAY!! glad to hear i helped you on your run and CONGRATS on your fat loss!! WOOO WOOOO

Wei Sic Meow said...

Wow!! That is awesome. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Incredible! Well done! That is amazing.

Sonja said...

that's an amazing difference! congratulations!

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

congrats! Thats so awesome!! good for you

Anonymous said...

very cool. congrats!!!