CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 5, 2009

12 books of 2009

Nonfiction book numero uno:
I am super stoked that this is my nonfiction book for January 2009. As per my resolution to be an erudite (woah big word) I am reading three books each month this year, with one of them being non fiction. I realize that this is a memoir and reads a little bit more LIKE fiction...but it fits!

I've been looking forward to reading this book for months...the only issue is that there is a huge wait at the library (just like there is for In Defense of Food, I am number 26 on that waiting list!) but my mom happened to have just finished this book at Christmas and gave it to me to take home with me. Hooray!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

great auto-bio The glass castle by Jeanette Wells

~Amie~ said...

Oh my gosh! "Eat, Pray, Love" is a WONDERFUL book!!! The person who gave it to me said to make sure I just passed it on when I was done. I told the same to the friend that I gave it to.
I also saw that TrishT mentioned The Glass Castle. I just finished this a few days ago. Its great too, though def. way different than "Eat, Pray, Love". But, good enough that I didn't want to put it down :)

Janie said...

I am dying to read this book too! Enjoy :)

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

I still havent read this...

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

Allison said...

TrisT-
Thanks for the reccomendation...have any other good ones?

Amie-
I am finding that it is wonderful! I really want to learn Italian all of a sudden. :)

Janie and KellyT-
How bout I send it to Janie and you can send it on to KellyT..when I'm done! :)

Anonymous said...

The Last Chinese Chef
by Nicole Mones
is another fav. Fiction though.

Sassy said...

So this might seem weird, since, I'm not sure I have ever commented to you before, but.... If you want I'll lend you my copy of "in defense of food". I would like it back eventually though. Go to my blog and send me an e-mail if you want it, and I'll mail it to you. :-)