CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

the good, the bad and the ugly.

You know, this is a bit strange, but I kind of like Mondays. They just go by so quickly, and work is so busy getting everything resolved from last week, and starting up the new week. Yesterday flew by, today is going a little sloooooowwwweeer.

For visual interest..here is a pic of Scott and I at a wedding this weekend. It was at the Lassen County Fairgrounds in Susanville California. Beautiful country themed wedding. The bride wore boots, and even had her dress hemmed so they would show!
Yumm.....big champagne flutes!
ok, so health....I've been over indulging lately. Def. not listening to my body, and putting in healthy nutritious food. Not that I've been un healthy...I've been eating all my whole grains, and fruits and veggies...plus junk. I need to refocus.

Speaking of refocusing....I'm still enjoying my new "summer routine" I like sleeping for 30 minutes longer on the days that I am running outside, although I've found that it makes getting up at 5:20 for gym days seriously hard. I need to get to the gym 2x a week though, I don't put my heart in strength training at home.

Today I weighed 237. Still hanging out between 236 and 239. After much debate with my self...I've decided that I'm going to try to lose 6 pounds by the end of August. I actually think that If I were being as healthy as I would like to be, I would still be losing weight. The last couple of months some junk that I had cut out has crept back in, and my exercise has lost it's consistency. I want to get back to that point, and I really feel like my body would settle around 220-225.

On a food note I made some really good chicken last night. I defrosted two chicken breasts, pounded them to 1/4 inch thick (well sort of, they were frozen so they kind of turned into chunks) then on each chunk, I put a little feta cheese ,and either folded the chunk on itself or rolled it up. I didn't have any toothpicks to secure them, so I just hoped for the best.

I think sprinkled them with Italian Bread Crumbs, crumbled a little more feat on top, popped them in the oven and hoped for the best.

It actually turned out pretty well....I was surprised. I think if I were to have a cookbook I would call it, "Good food that looks ugly" Seriously....I have a hard time "plating."

Ok, enough rambling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute photo. Fun for the bride to wear her boots!

And I hear you. I'm not doing everything I can be doing. But, at least I'm maintaining. Sounds like you are too. Sure, I need to loose more weight, but for the first time in years I'm actually stable. And I am feeling a real sense of accomplishment in that.

Allison said...

Karen,
Good point...being stable and maintaining is an accomplishment! I just need to remember that.