CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

a whole day?

Ok, it's time for the food update! So, i'm posting a breakfast, lunch and dinner....but they are all from different days. I am so clever. That was sarcasm.

This is my re-discovered love. Oatmeal with walnuts, a pinch of salt and all natural applesauce on top. My dad is pretty much anti added sugar of anykind, unless it's in the form of applesauce, so I ate whenever I had "mush" (what we called it in my family" I had applesauce on top. Applesauce was on sale this week in those cute little single serving, made for lunch sizes. I'm not a huge advocate of single serving packaging...but I couldn't resist. I think with some cinnamon on top, and this would taste like apple pie.

Ok, on to lunch. Lately I've really been enjoying red-leaf lettuce. It keeps for quite a while, and makes great salads for lunch.
Here is a salad I had just yesterday. I used lettuce, a carrot, a red bell pepper, and left over bbq chicken. And Newmans Own All Natural Cesar.

Seriously Yum.

I also had a whole wheat tortilla for some carbs. and my trusty nalgene. No..i'm not stuck in the late nineties...this used to be my brother's nalgene...till he got stationed over seas and I "stole" it from him.

I have one of those "fit n' fresh" salad containers. Really the only thing I like about it is the size, and the little built in dressing container...the "utensils" it came with were complete crap.

Dinner...Calzones! I made these last week. In college Scott and I LOVED this Calzone place, the other night we were talking about them, and I figured I would try to recreate. Let's just say I have a long way to go!
Here is Scott's calzone...it has more cheese than mine, even though I could have happily grated the whole block of mozzerella in my calzone. I also purposely made these huge. I pretty much cook for 3-4 every night. I always take leftovers for lunch, and Scott eats more than I do. Most nights.


Here is mine...I put TONS of sauce in it.
I think next time, I'll work the dough a little more, it ended up being pretty thick.
I also made stuffed bell peppers last week. As I was serving them Scott looked at me and told me " I don't like cooked bell peppers."
Oh, Something that would have been good to know YESTERDAY! Name that movie.
mmmm...now I'm hungry for my snack.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so clever! Really, applesauce in oatmeal, why didn't I think of that!

Allison said...

Karen,
You should really try it. I've had it everyday this week! So much for variety.