CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Sorry Subway

I've officially replaced Subway as my "go-to" "healthy" fast food option for days when I don't pack my lunch for work. Yesterday, I didn't pack my lunch, mostly becuase we had no left overs (we'd gone out to dinner) and I didn't feel like "creating" anything for lunch, so I went out. I was going to go to Subway, but it was PACKED. And then *light bulb* I remembered my new found love....

This time, I vowed to get the "build your own" so I could add more veggies, and pick my sauce/dressing.
I chose roastbeef on sourdough (my absolute favorite bread), with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, roasted red peppers (which they forgot), green bell peppers, pepper jack cheese, and mustard.

It was massive! and this isn't a bad picture, it's "artistic."

Here is a better shot of the sandwhich, and a terrible picture of my wrist. I could have thought through this a little better....


But, as you can see...they didn't skimp on the veggies (aside from forgetting my roasted red peppers, and they gave me provolone instead of pepperjack). I kind of like how it was heavy on the veggies and light on the meat and cheese, and man..I was full until 4:20pm...a record for me!
Speaking of being full, I've had a "banana hotdog" for breakfast for the past two days, inspired by Kath, not as pretty are hers though. It's a nice change of pace, and it really does make it easier to eat. I didn't work out this morning (out a little too late celebrating my husband's birthday), and my breakfast held me over until 10:45...also a record! I realize that not working out is not the answer to longer satiety periods...damn.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby. That sandwich looks great. Happy Friday!