CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

rockin..

So It's saturday night...and my husband is out with some guys from work at an arena football game...and I went grocery shopping. It was pretty much the most rocking experience ever.
So I thought I'd post my groceries...


Ok, for the "non produce" we have:

Light sodium soy sauce
honey
puff pastry
gruyere
deli turkey
stir fry veggies
frozen chicken breast
peanutbutter
Annie's Goddes Dressing
Natures Valley granola bars (husband)
Crispix (husband)
All Natural multi-grain bread.
100% whole wheat bread
Diced ginger
brown eggs
Amy's lentil soup
And Betty crocker cookie mix. --I was craving baked goods....this was my solution. I just realized they take an entire stick of butter..I might try to modify the cookie mix. hmmm.
And for the produce:
carrots
a mango
red bell peppers
green bell peppers
bananas
cukes
lettuce
KALE! (going to try the infamous Kale Chips..inspired by Kath)
aspargus
walnuts
and jelly.
I recognized that Jelly isn't produce..it just managed to not get in the first picture!
I'm looking forward to trying Kale Chips...I'm also going to try a recipe of Karen's some time this week.

4 comments:

littlecalder said...

i was inspired by you to pick up some kale today myself! and kale chips are soooo good! mine got a little extra crispy though, i checked them, decided they weren't crispy enough, and put them back in for a few more minutes.. and.. they were really crispy. yet still really yummy! yay!

Anonymous said...

Okay, can't wait for you to post on the Kale Chips. I'm off to the store tomorrow!

Allison said...

Little Calder-I still haven't made them! I'm pretty sure they are going to get a thumbs down from my husband, but we'll see.

Karen-
I'm hoping to make them on Tuesday night. And I'm thinking about making the aspargus dish tonight!

littlecalder said...

my house mate was skeptical of them as well, although she said that they were surprisingly good! hopefully they get a warm reception on your end as well.