CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I embrace change...

I think I'm going to start doing a different format for my blogs. I'm going to blog throughout the day, but put up pictures less frequently. Working for the City, pretty much everything is monitored, and it's pretty obvious when pictures are uploaded...I know I'm a bad girl for blogging at work! So I'm going to do a picture round up at night.

I had a HARD time getting up this morning for the gym. Some mornings I can just pop right out of bed, and other mornings...it's a battle. I woke up around 4:30, walked to the bathroom and found out that my muscles are totally sore. Go Body by Glamour month two. I have to admit that my sore muscles are ALMOST what deterred me from going to they gym. I decided to allow my self 20 extra minutes, and woke up at 5:40.

A few months ago I had decided that I was going to be a "runner." I've never been good at running. Well, that isn't true. My senior year of highschool I still had one year of PE requirements to fill. My School offered 3 options for PE, traditional PE, Weights or Aerobics. I decided on Aerobics for the sole purpose that I thought there would be no running! Ha freaking ha. The instructor was training for a marathon, so we ran EVERY OTHER DAY! By the end of the first semester I could run 2 miles, the most I've ever run, and it didn't make me feel like I wanted to die, and I felt accomplished.
Anyway, so when I started back on this healthy thing, I wanted the option of going for a run on saturday mornings...so that clearly meant I would have to be a "runner." I started on the couch-to-5k plan. Have you guys heard of it? It's pretty good. I only got to week five before I caved to my "shin splints" Ok I did have shin splints, but I used them as a reason to quit, instead of cut back and keep going. SO, now that I'm aprox 25 pounds lighter...I'm going to try again.
And that is what I did this morning...workout numero uno on the Couch to 5k plan.
5 min brisk warm up
run 60 seconds
walk 90 seconds until you reach 20 minutes total.
I then walked at an incline (level 6) for 10 minutes.

10 minutes less cardio then usual..but it felt pretty good, although I'm sure I'll feel it tomorow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am doing the couch to 5K and LOVE it. I had a bit of a 'break' halfway (no excuse, I got lazy) so I had to go back to week 3, but now I am getting back into it I am loving it! I downloaded the Couch to 5K podcast and highly recomend it, its made my '2nd take' of Couch to 5k much easier.

For more info I did a 'sort of' review on my blog: http://bigfatforang.wordpress.com/2008/03/05/

Enjoy the running and have a great week. Cheers Julia