CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Dinner

Ok, so for Easter this sunday (which is PS, my FAVORITE holiday), my husband and I are going over to my inlaws, with our BIL and SIL (man, soon whole words will dissapear entirely!), for after church dinner. I have been charged with making salad and a dessert.
Fantastic, I love baking, I love desert, and I like showing off my skills (which are not as good as some peoples, cough Karen cough!). That brings me to salad. I would really love to make Pioneer Woman's Favorite salad (www.thepioneerwomancooks.com) but Scott's family are just about as picky and white bread as they come. I don't mean that in a racist way, I mean that they aren't exactly adventurous when it comes to food. My SIL loves to proclaim that she is "more of cheeseburger and fries kind of girl" whenver Scott and I bring up our love for trying new restaurants. So, whenever I cook for them, I purposely make things that they don't ever make. Sometimes this is a simple as using mixed greens for a salad, instead of iceberg or romaine.

So, I'm on the hunt for a good salad, and a good dessert (which they aren't picky about by the way) that goes beyond lettuce, tomato, ranch and brownies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to try that PW's favorite salad too!

Great workout yesterday! I'm going to try that move at the gym tomorrow.

Allison said...

Karen,
Let me know what you think of that move....I think it's killer!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I tried the one legged abc's this afternoon from home. I used my soft weight balls (3.3lbs each) so it wasn't as hard as the bars at the gym...however, it was still a fun/good challenge. I love anything that involves balance and challenges your core! I'm going to do it again.