CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 15, 2008

pieces of a heart.

A few years ago for Christmas my dad gave me some silicone bakeware, and one of the cake "pans" is heart shaped. I figured yesterday would be the perfect time to use it.
I baked Jenna's Olive Oil Cake (www.eatliverun.com) it was so easy and delicious. I didn't have any powdered sugar to sprinkle over the top, so while it was baking, I tried my hand at a brown sugar glaze. It turned out pretty well, probably not like it's supposed to. I think it's actually supposed to be more of a frosting..but I turned it into a glaze. The recipe is from The Joy Of Cooking.

I glazed half and left the other half unglazed...do it ended up being a broken heart!

I really did intend on taking a picture of the whole cake, but my husband wandered in to the kitchen just as I was pulling it out of the oven, and decided we had to "have a piece now"
So...here is 3/4 of the cake, half glazed, half unglazed and wrapped in saran wrap.
It's also the first time I've actually used my cake plate for a cake, and not cookies, brownies or bars!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I want to try Jenna's recipe too. It seems pretty easy to make, and sounds delicious!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

excellent job on the olive-oil cake - love the festive heart shape! :0)

Allison said...

Tina-
You Def. have to try it, it really is easy and quite good.

VeggieGirl-Thanks, and I loved your valentines day post! What great heart shaped cake you made your parents!