CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 1, 2008

Bloody Lunch!

At the beginning of my lunch break I went to the bank, and the bank is located in Fred Myers (the nice walmart). I can't walk in there with out looking at the produce..they always have good choices. Just yesterday I read on www.elise.com about blood oranges...and they had some at the store! I know the name is a little off putting..but aren't they beautiful? I wish I had a pretty setting for them..and not a styrofoam (bad environmentalist!) plate.
And..they are good! Sweet and tangy!

The standard veggie container..with the end of this weeks veggies. I could have added cukes..but i'm getting SUPER sick of them.

Whole wheat pasta and baked chicken. My husband's job has a bbq each Friday for lunch, the employees rotate whose responsibility it is to bring the meat. Today was his turn, and he bought the cheapest chicken he could find (how thoughtful) and it ended up being bone-in, skin on chicken thighs. When I was packing my lunch last night, I couldn't find any protein to go with my left over pasta that I wanted to use up. He magnanimously donated one of his chicken thighs to me. I was inspired by Jenn at www.eatliverun.com and baked it in the oven.
My recipe/process for one piece of chicken!
Rinse and pat dry-this probably wasn't necessary..but I feel compelled...
Preheat oven to 400
in a baking pan, I drizzled (with out measuring..i'm notorious for "eyeballing") olive oil in the pottom of the pan and stirred in some pre cut out of the jar garlic.
Under the skin of the chicken I stuffed in some more of the garlic and plopped it down in the pan.
I baked for about 25 minutes rotating about every seven minutes. The house smelled delicious, and the chicken tasted great!
This whole lunch was a little low cal for me, so I am def. going to need a snack.
Tonight We are going to our Chi-Chi little grocery/wine and beer bar. They are having a beer tasting..and my husband wants to partake. I'm hoping we are eating dinner there too..they have the most delicious looking organic food...I'll be sure to take pics!


2 comments:

littlecalder said...

hi! i've been lurking around lately since finding your blog on back in skinny jeans, and i just wanted to say, i love the new layout!
i also really want to try a blood orange and star fruit...they look great!

Allison said...

Thanks for De-lurking! yeah.. find the fruit..they are both soo good!