CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

and the crazy continues...

Ok, Dinner last night....I made roasted/baked chicken thighs....Here is a picture of the two left overs with skin still on. I don't eat the skin, although sometimes I sure would like to! Anyway, I drizzeld olive oil in the roasting pan and then put some whole garlic cloves in the bottom. I rubbed olive oil on the skin of the chicken, and under the skin placed some sliced garlic. I then salt and peppered the whole thing, and baked it for 30 mins at 450. Turned out pretty well. We had broccoli and toast with this meal. Just a simple, satisfying dinner!

I didn't get a breakfast picture today...because day is all out of whack again! We got three more inches of snow last night (please tell me it will end soon!), and because my husband wasn't able to carpool to work today, he needed to take our most snow worthy car. That left me, with the car I slid off the freeway in a few weeks ago. The roads were terrible, and I realize now that i would have been fine once I was out of our subdivision, but I honestly don't think the car would have been too safe to drive. So I called a co-worker who lives by me, and we carpooled to work. It still took us 45 mins to drive the 10 miles to work! And that was using the back roads, the freeway was a 2 hour drive! Anyway, the whole point is I ate breakfast at home, had a banana in the car, and now I'm having this hot tea...

For a workout this morning, I made up what I'm going to call " Allison's solution to cardio while her husband is sleeping, she doesn't want to drive to the gym, nor do any of her workout videos"
I basically just did old school aerobics/jazzercise moves. I wanted to get my heart rate up, so while I watched the news I did the aerobics mix during the news segments, and then jogged in place during the commercials. sort of an interval thing. It worked out ok, and I did work up a sweat. I probably should have worn my heart rate monitor...

I'm going to eat this before lunch. I know it. I can feeeeel it!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

More snow?!!! Yikes. That's great that you did the old-school aerobics. There's nothing like popping in a VHS of Kathy Smith!