CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

still rolling down



Well..I lost another pound this week. I am now down to 238.6. 24 pounds lost. I know that losing 24 pounds is a serious accomplishment. I also know that my body is strong, and it's beautiful, and i've accepted that I will never weigh 120, hell even 150 pounds. This is who I am, and I am working on being healthy, and not worrying about a damn number, but MAN...it is easy to get down on your self. Somehow saying 238..even though that number makes me jump for joy, just seems SO big. I read several blogs, weight loss, cooking, healthy eating etc....so I read about lots of peoples weights, and it's hard to not get down on my self when I read things like "Man, my weight was 181 and I was so fat." I worked through this issue a long time ago, but it still bites me in the butt every once in a while....maybe becuase it's one of those days...

ok, sorry for the doom and gloom.
Pilates this morning was GREAT! I took pilates for 2 years in college, and it really helped me strengthen my core muscles after a back injury. I took it with 70 other people in a HUGE basketball gym. So, my class with only 5 other people this morning, was a bit different. Although it's good, the instructor can give more one on one and I can't slack off when it gets tough!
I'm excited to keep going, and building up my core and pilates skill again. Today was pretty easy..although I think my abs will DEF. be sore tomorrow!

4 comments:

Krissie said...

I'm not sure how I found you, but I am so glad I did!

I love food journal pictures and I love pilates, so we have a lot in common already!

24 pounds lost is amazing! And it will give you motivation to keep on!

I look forward to reading more about you...through past entries and new posts yet to come!

Anonymous said...

Please don't get down on yourself! I think the way you are working to live your life and take care of yourself is really inspiring and awesome :).

Allison said...

Thanks to both of you for the nice comments. I appreciate them. I'm over my little "funk." It was fleeting I promise!
Hope your Thursday is going well!

Karen said...

Great job Allison! I would be so intimidated to be in a pilates class with only 5 people. Thanks for inspiring.