CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 4, 2008

sicko's

Well, I woke up this morning and felt like poo on a stick. I freaked out and decided to go to the doctor. dumb, by the time quick care opened, I felt fine enough to go to work. I went to the doctor anyway. don't have strep, don't have anything but a virus.
So, push fluids, get rest and suck it up!

Didn't go the gym, in the vein of "getting some rest." I'm hoping to be feeling up to par to go on monday. I might not take weights, just take it easy on the bike or something. Ha, who am I kidding the BIKE is hard!

I tried two new great recipes this week.
One was Curry Chicken and Sweet Potatoes: Chicken, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, garlic, curry, cilantro, red pepper flakes, chicken broth and coconut milk. I didn't realize that cocount milk was high in saturated fat. I just grabbed the "light" can off the shelf, but I read this morning that it's pretty high, and it's something worth staying away from. oops! I'll look into modifications next time.

The second was just simple old roasted string beans.
String beans tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with salt, roasted for 1o minutes, DELICIOUS. a little too salty for me, I'll go lighter the next time. Oh, and I'd like to try them with sea salt.

My husbander is going to play cards with the guys tonight, so I have a girls night to my self! I'm not sure what I am going to do yet. I would kind of like to go window shopping. I might after I drop him off. My mom sent me a recipe for homemade bbq sauce, maybe i'll buy a container, and then make it tonight while he's gone. That would be the simplest solution to making some with out high fructose corn syrup.

I have left over salad for lunch today: greens, slivered almonds, chicken and apples with home made garlic vinegrette. could probably be a bit beefier on the veggie side. I' ll just need to get some in with my pizza dinner.

0 comments: