CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

RANT RANT RANT

Oh my god. Seriously.
So, I am part of this website, buddyslim.com. I got turned on to the website by a friend. It's like myspace for people who want to lose weight. seriously, you have buddies, and leave eachother booster notes, and private message, and there is even a blogging section. The site also allows you to track your weight, BMI, food intake, and caloric output. I mostly like it for tracking my calorie INtake. It's really helping me put things in perspective, but I digress.
The blogging section, I read it, there are few people on there who are funny, witty, sarcastic, and even uplifting. But there are also people who insist on being rediculous. I recognize that no one else reads this blog, and that is fine, but I hope that I am not rediculous. Anyway, people talk about how much they ate, how much they lost, how they stumbled etc. and people leave them encouraging comments. It only took me a few weeks to realize that all the comments are generic, save a few. People pat eachother on the back for their rediculous diets, and unhealthy weight loss. There is this one woman who works at a weight loss center and has lost something stupid like 30 pounds in three weeks, and is currently on a juice cleanse. I am not even going to touch that.
Anyway, my current Rant is this: There is a woman, who clearly is not very well educated about nutrition and health (although her profile says that she has been seeing a nutrionist for a year) anyway, she has a 10 year old son, and she was talking about how he wants to lose weight. Oh god. I was that child and it made me so sad to hear that she wasn't upset that her boy was dieting, she was seeking advice on food for him to eat. HE is a 10 year old boy, he is still developing, dieting is just about the worst thing in the world. I'm all for people losing weight, and getting healthy, but doing in such a manner that your child then thinks they are fat and need to lose weight is awful. I hope that I never shame my children into feeling badly about their bodies. I want to raise them in a healthy, active way, but I want them to be ok with who they are. And first my husband and I need to be ok with who we are.

It was all I could do to not write a repsonse to this woman telling her to wake up and smell the coffe!

0 comments: