CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Feel the BURN

So, yesterday I didn't go to the gym, I went for an early morning walk around our new neighborhood. During my walk, I was thinking about what little bit of strength training I wanted to do, I knew that I didn't want to do arms, as I had just done those the day before. I remembered Kelly saying in one of her posts, that all you needed to do to hit every major muscle group in your lower body was to do walking lunges. Brilliant. I wanted to use my handweights, but they haven't been unpacked yet ( I don't think, maybe they have and I just don't know where they are), I remembered a workout from self.com...that used a towel for resistance. Well....I don't know how well holding up a rolled up towel over my head worked, but I'm sure it added some challenge for my core for stabilization or something.

Do you like my picture? I wanted to post about this, and I know that pictures make posts more interesting, but I didn't take a picture of my self working out, I'll leave that to the professionals. So I drew it. Oh man, it makes me smile just looking at it. Mostly cause it's so bad. But that is me, on our patio, with our fence in the background, holding a blue towel over my head, doing walking lunges. Although I just noticed that I put the sun in the wrong place, the sun was behind me, as it was 6:30am, oops. This is why I'm not an artist. Right, putting the sun in the wrong place is clearly the only reason.

But here is my point, it worked. I did three "sets" with one "set" being down the patio and back, and today my thighs and butt are killing me. Ouch! It's a pain I relish though, I like knowing that I worked my muscles.

Happy Friday Everyone!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. Love your photo!

Allison said...

Kath,
Thanks! It gave me a lot of amusement. :) Glad you enjoyed it.

*Kelly* said...

LOL!! I thought that was a Martini glass at first..with your head being the olive! Obviously I'm not a very abstract thinker!

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! Love walking lunges!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out!

Walking lunges- it doesnt get much better than that.

Your picture is cute. It reminds me of when i used to make left handed cards for my mom because i thought the fact they looked like a 5 year old drew it made it more precious.