CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 19, 2008

holy buckets...

I am more sore than I have ever been in my entire life.
Seriously.

This week we had two work parties, one today and one yesterday. Over our lunch hour. Normally I take my lunch hour for working out. I try to do 2 cardio workouts and 2 toning workouts each week.
Knowing that I couldn't get all four workouts in this week, I decided that I would do "circuits."' and try to get both cardio and toning in , in the same 25-30 minute work out.
This worked out well...until I did a move I read about in a magazine called...the haybaler...Let me illustrate it for you...

You start with..yourself..ready to work out. Doesn't the stick person version of me look excited for this new exercise? ha.

Then you pick out a dumbell. I chose 10 lbs. You only need one for this exercise.

Then, holding the weight in both hands, as is CLEARLY demonstrated by myself in this picture, you squat, holding the weight to one side. You don't actually point your toes out, you point the forwards, but I'm not that talented of an artist! Notice the look of trepidation on my face....


Then you stand up, and bring the weight up over your head, moving in a diagonal direction. IE, if the weight was on your left side while you were squatting, the weight is now above your head on your right...


Sort of like that.
I think this is what people like to call "an all over toner" Well..let me tell you, my chest, and triceps are seriously so sore. Sore to the touch even. I did 2 sets of 12 reps on each side. I think after doing a bench press machine the day before, my pectoral msucles officially hate me.
It's a good sore though..the kind where you know you worked really well.


5 comments:

Danielle said...

what a fun post, lol :)

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

hahaha I love your pictures! I will print them and make a flip book one day

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

Allison said...

Danielle-
Thanks!

Kelly-
A flip book would be awesome!!

Anonymous said...

First off, I love your pictures. STICK WOMAN ROCKS! And secondly, thanks for sharing! Because I didn't even know of this workout!!

Anonymous said...

Haha I love your drawings!! :) So cute~