CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 1, 2008

long over due!

Obviously this isn't everything i've eaten since my last food update...but here is a little bit of my summer fare....

FAGE!!!! I nearly jumped up and down in the store when I saw it. NO ONE, carried this in the area until recently. The Total 0% was only $1.19 per container, and the 2% was like 2.00? Strange. Anyway..I mixed it with berries and granola and it was deliciously smooth and creamy.
Cherries! These were at the local discount store (Winco, I know it's called "Cub" on the other side of the mississippi) for only 1.20 a pound, and they are locally grown. woot woot! They were so uber sweet and such a beautiful color Like the color of my kitchen!
Carrots and Spicy yogurt dip. I saw this tip on Tina's blog and figured it would be a good addition to veggies.
It's plain yogurt, honey, hot sauce, and chilli powder. I think the original recipe called for cumin, salt and pepper as well. DELISH! And healthy! and adds protein to those veggies.what's not to love?

awww. I heart oatmeal. I was brainstorming this morning for Kath's creative oatmeal competition....I haven't come up with the winning entry yet..but I will. Honey is pretty much my new favorite add in. This is 1/2 cup quick cooking oats, the last of my plain yogurt, and honey swirled around the yogurt, with some craisins for the heart. I like eating this mixed together, and the way it is....dragging my spoon through the layers. Yumm.
My husband ate the last of my nectarines, that I was saving for my snack for today...so I had to improvise. I deforsted some black berries, and mixed them in with plain yogurt. It was soooo tart! I mixed in 1/2 a packet of splenda.
Isn't summer fruit fantastic.

For our BBQ tomorrow, I am going to be making one of Picky Palate's creations. It's going to be DECADENT. Scott and I have decided we are going to buy one of those grilling grates for veggies. Yum, I'm looking forward to our bbq tomorrow!

4 comments:

littlecalder said...

looking forward to hearing about what you make, i'm sure it will be yummy!

Anonymous said...

make sure you post pictures of your BBQ! I wanna see what you make!

www.everygymsnightmare.com

Allison said...

Bbq pictures should be up tomorrow! :)

*Kelly* said...

I did the Fage happy dance myself last night at the grocery store. $2.00 each for the 0% though...so I only bought 2. In addition, I found Shirataki noodles at this store too (it's a big box store like a Super Wal-Mart...it's called Meijer, but I'm pretty sure they are only in the Mid-West...IL, IN, MI...) Anyhoo...I picked up 3 bags of those, and am looking forward to a heaping bowl of 40 cal pasta this week! (Anything to keep me out of a Whole Foods...I loathe that store with a passion! Trader Joe's is my all-time fave...do they have those in your neck of the woods?)