CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

taste the.....orange?

Some days I'm really good at "eating a rainbow" of fruits and veggies. Today is not one of those days. Even my water bottle is orange.

I guess the romaine is green...but I don't count that as a veggie.

Clearly I had an orange, orange bell peppers, carrots and a pastrami sandwich for lunch. The bread is not white bread..even though it looks like it. It's actually "cracked wheat" which I recognize is not a whole grain...but the bread doesn't have HFCS....and it's so amazingly soft and chewy..and local! So many good things going for it...minus that pesky little whole grain part.

So, I weighed myself yesterday....236. Back down to my pre-vegas weight. I actually feel really good about this weight, but more importantly I feel healthy.

I didn't go to the gym this morning..I woke up with a splitting head ache. I know that sounds like an excuse "not this morning gym..I have a headache" but it had me in tears. So I took an aleve and went back to bed for an hour.
Tomorrow though, I'll get in two workouts. I have to be at home from 12:00-5:oo pm to meet the cable guy. Hopefully he gets there early enough that I can get in a nice long walk before Scott gets home. I really want to explore our new neighborhood a little more. And, I'll go to the gym in the morning.

So, on the whole weightloss, HAES thing. I think I would like to lose a little bit more weight. I never really set myself a "goal." I just wanted to get healthy. While I know that I am much more healthy now, I would like to lose 4 more pounds by August. Which would be incredibly easy if I was willing to restrict my eating and never took a day off from the gym, but I won't do that. I just have a thing for nice round numbers....and by losing 4 more pounds, I will have lost 30 pounds in a year.

It's really amazing to me to think about that, and I've lost it slowly enough that I feel good about it, and I feel energized and happy with my body and my self.

I've been thinking about it and I would like to go back to setting fitness goals for my self.
I will have to think about what I want them to be...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

26 pounds! That's great. I had been wondering how your journey has been. Keep us posted.

Allison said...

Trish T-
Thanks! Sometimes I forget how much of an accomplishment 26 pounds is. And it is DEFINETLY a journey...full of ups and downs.

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.