CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

first sandwich in a loooong time!

Today I was having the hankering to go window shop at the bookstore, and to get a latte. Fortunately we have a bookstore in town with a little espresso counter. Not to bad for coffee that doesn't come from an official coffee shop.
12 oz. Non fat milk Latte with 2 splendas stirred in! My first Latte in at least 2 months!

Lunch on the go. I try not to eat in my car as I'm driving..but I really wanted as much time as possible to look at books. So I ate my veggies and sandwich in the car.
Sandwich: 2 slices "bread lovers multi grain bread" (sooo soft and delicious, all natural AND locally made!) 3 oz sliced roast beef, and some cucumber and green pepper slices from my veggie container. Oh yeah, and honey mustard!

My trustee veggie container! I cut up veggies every night for this guy. They vary, but are usually some combination of carrots, cucumbers, and peppers. My husband picked out the veggies at the grocery store last night, these are his favs.So they will repeat through here often.
I ate about 1/3 of the veggies around 11am when I got hungry. Then the rest around noon.
I also have 4oz of plain yogurt and 1/2 of a crunchy Kashi bar to mix-in, when I get hungry later. I was going to have them with my lunch, but went with the latte instead. I might not even be hungry for my usual afternoon LARABAR.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why, oh why, oh why have you never told us about this blog sooner? I've been sitting at my desk (work, of course...where else?) reading. In fact, I think I've read the entire thing. Miss Allison, you are a great writer. You are very honest, and your readers appreciate that. I love your style, and just have to say this: to me, you are one of those "really cool hipster bloggers" that (we) long to be like. Keep on writing! (Oh yeah...this is Kelly from BS...aka CynicalRed from Chicago. I feel so fucking lame identifying myself like that...ya know?)

Karen said...

Such a good idea to have snack veggies all prepped and ready to go. I should do that too! Enjoying your blog. Keep up the great work.

Allison said...

Kelly!
Thanks for reading! I'm still a little nervous about putting it out there..especially on buddyslim....But thanks for the compliments..I can't believe you've read most or all of it! i'm Honored..as I think YOU are a fantastic writer!

Allison said...

Karen,
Thanks! I am enjoying yours as well!