CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

...and hunger strikes!

So, I've decided that I want a new digital camera. My husband's old one is not cutting it. It has a super small memory, and it's rechargable battery goes dead every other day! But, a digital camera is somethign I need to save up for. I've been saving up for my trip to Vegas, maybe I'll put a little extra towards that, and then use up some money. I've been putting quite a lot towards that account, not for gambling, but for shopping!

Anyway, I say all that to say, that I did remember to take a picture of my breakfast! But I think what I am going to do is do a "food picture roundup" at the end of each day. OR something.

Today I did 20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and 30 minutes of free weights training, for "toning day." I try to do 3 cardio days and 2 toning days each week. My toning days are cardio as well, but aren't cardio only focused.

For breakfast, I had my standard 1/2 cup oatmeal, prepared with 1 cup water and a 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar, topped iwth about 5 frozen peach slices and a small handfull of almond slivers! I ate that at 8am. I am hungry now at 10pm. I read all these other food blogs, and that same serving of oats holds them over for 4 hours. Yipes! I try to stave off the hunger with a cup of hot tea...but I still need something. I've come up with a few reasons for this difference between my self and other bloggers; a) I weigh at least 100 pounds more than they do. Wow, that seems so big when I say that, but I know that we have different body types. But, any more oats and I can't finish it. b) I am hypoglycemic (uh...personal diagnosis) and my blood sugar can't get too low, or I get head aches and nauseous, bitchy and I can't make decisions. SO I NEED to eat. which makes it hard to find the balance between eating for my health and nutrition and just eating cause I'm bored. gar.
So, I'm going to eat an apple for a snack.

Lunch is going to be left over salad, with mango topper, vinegrette and olive oil dressing, and about 3oz of steak with whole wheat tortilla.
It's a lot of salad with tons of veggies, I might save the tortilla for later.

0 comments: