CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

breathe in...breathe out....

This is the race I am running on Saturday. EEEEEEEEEAKLJASLDJALSKJDAS>
I am getting pre-race nerves. Like seriously. Not so much about my ability to do the race, but about having on the right clothes, and not forgetting my sunscreen and what the route is going to look like, and if the XL race t-shirt will fit, and where we are going to park.
Like I said: aajweroiukjanvbopaiufboieng!

I’ve been reviewing my race packet and printing off parking maps and looking at the sponsors website and it’s just going to be so cool!

So for the running part. I can jog 30 minutes with out stopping. But during those 30 minutes my feet only carry me about 2.25 miles. Right, less than a 5k. I’m not sure yet how I am going to work out the amounts of running vs. walking. I really want to run the whole thing without taking a walk break, but I don’t want to push my shins and back. I think my tentative plan, if I need to walk is to run for 20 minutes, take a 5 minute walking break and then run through to the finish.

Or just plod along slow and steady.
This weekend I am running for Chocolate and Champagne…both of which will be at the finish line…what do you run for?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I showed you some love on my site today! And I'm SO EXCITED to read about your race experience!!

Use the bathroom before the starting whistle.

Allison said...

Jen-
hahaha, thanks for the love! And dont' worry..I'll use the bathroom probably 80 times.

Kaneohe said...

Kaneohe Family Dental Care provides comprehensive dental services including regular and preventive check-ups, fillings, extractions, gum treatment, crowns, caps, bridges, implants, dentures, and root canals. We also offer the very latest esthetic procedures including whitening and veneers to enhance your appearance

http://kaneohefamilydental.com

Unknown said...

This is certainly one of the most valuable posts. Great tips from beginning till end. Lots of suggestions for me and for people. Superb work
how to cure hemorrhoids

dalbeattie.net said...

Good idea, run for something. Having any goal always pays you. Good post, thanks for sharing it..