CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday Musings

Well Christmas is over…whew. I had a fantastic Christmas at my parents house in Reno. My brother was able to come home ( I haven’t seen him in 18 months) and it was a great time. Last year he was in Iraq. He is in the Marine Corps, he is currently in a program called MECEP (or some other crazy acronym that the armed forces use) I don’t know what it stands for, but basically he was enlisted for four years, he is still enlisted, but now his “Military Occupation Skill” is “student” and he is going to school at the University of South Carolina to finish his degree and then he will be commissioned as an officer. Right….the point of my post wasn’t my brother. Anyway…it was a great week…here are some highlights of Christmas Day..

I am crying in this picture. My parents printed and framed a copy of the blessing my dad used in his toast at our wedding, along with one of our wedding pictures..aww...
Here is my brother holding up the gift we got him, a solid steel name plate...


Our Christmas table...it was just the five of us this year...nice and quiet and sooo. much. food.


At each place setting we had this little "christmas crackers" they each had little toys and paper crowns in them. My dad wore his all through dinner and through the dish washing extravaganza afterwards....silly dad!


I could not get Scott to take a serious picture with me. He made us pose for this one.....

What a dork!
Anyway, it was a great relaxing trip. As for as being "healthy" I didn't get it ANY workouts (the snow sort of prevented the walks I was going to take, at least that is what I am going to tell myself) but I don't feel like I overindulged in food. Yes I was stuffed by the end of Christmas dinner, but thankfully, my parents don't keep alot of Christmas treats in the house and I didn't spend four days snacking on junk, as i would have in the past.
Today I am back to the grind at work (even though I get off early on Wednesday, we are closed on Thursday and am taking vacay again on Friday) so it's a mini grind? But..I'm comitted to getting down to the employee workout room for good sweatbreaks all three days! Got to start the new year off right!




3 comments:

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

hahah yay cracker hats!!!

*Kelly* said...

That was so sweet of your parents...what a great idea! And what's the deal behind the paper crowns? A friend of mine does that on Christmas too...

Allison said...

Caitlin-
They were pretty amusing!

Kelly-
They came out of the "Crackers" that you see infront of the plates on the table..my mom had them from a new years party she threw a few years ago. THey are a Christmas/Holiday tradition in England. Each Cracker had one of these hats, and a little toy.